You won’t scrunch your face in disgust the next time someone offers you broccoli soup! Especially if you are trying to lose weight! Like oats, this green vegetable has become an indispensable part of almost every weight loss diet out there. So, what makes broccoli a superstar veggie when it comes to shedding extra pounds and getting lean? Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that is full of nutrients and has numerous health benefits too that you should absolutely know about. It has a compound called “kaempferol” that helps reduce the risk of many chronic diseases such as cancer by fighting free radicals. It also lowers LDL cholesterol level as well. Did you know broccoli has a compound called “sulforaphane” that blocks factors that cause joint damage and also high amounts of calcium that can prevent arthritis. Ladies, there’s one more reason you should eat broccoli everyday – with its anti-ageing properties and lots of free radicals, your skin would glow. With so much packed in that green veggie, you should never scrunch up your nose at a plateful of broccoli ever again because you can prevent heart disease, arthritis, hypertension, and lose weight – all by eating broccoli. Here’s how:
1. It’s Extremely Low in Calories: Since broccoli is a water-dense vegetable, it’s extremely low in calories (just 34 calories per 100 gm).
2. Rich in Vitamins A, C, e, K that boost metabolism.
3. Rich source of soluble fiber which keeps you fuller for longer, prevents blood sugar spike, and controls secretion of ghrelin.
4. Also has Protein: You get 2.5 gm of protein in 100 gm, and as well know, protein torches a lot of calories, keeps one full for longer, and has thermogenic properties.
5. Contains Omega-3 Fatty Acids: It’s a bit surprising but broccoli does have alpha linolenic acid which is a form of omega-3 fatty acid that increases energy expenditure and suppresses appetite as well.
6. Rich Source of Calcium Which Can Cut that Belly Fat: Calcium is an important mineral that helps you burn more fat stored in the body, also prevents body from storing fat. Within the body cells, if there is adequate calcium, that cell will burn more fat. Optimum calcium levels in the body increases breakdown of fat in the bloodstream and preserves thermogenesis, accelerating the weight loss process. That’s why weekly diets on Rati Beauty include a lot of calcium-rich food to boost overall weight loss.
7. Broccoli also has flavonoids which, lutein, zeaxanthin, beta-carotene and other potent antioxidants that reduce inflammation and helps lose weight.
So, now that you know broccoli is a superfood, use it generously in your daily diet and lose weight successfully on the Rati Beauty diet. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
Why Belly Fat Can Be Extremely Stubborn During Weight Loss?