Oleh : DominoQQ
Do you like cream cheese-based dips? If so, you have to try this recipe. It’s loaded with delicious ingredients – ready for any party.
I generally do not love cutesy recipe names – except, peculiarly, when the recipe has the words “million dollar” in it. (Remember these delectable chocolate-oat-peanut butter million dollar bars?)
This is my second “million dollar” recipe, but I promise it costs waaaaay less than that to make.
This is a delectable cream cheese-based dip that is loaded with delicious ingredients and is one of the best dips I’ve ever had. It was originally known as Nieman Marcus Dip, from 1955, and has certainly withstood the test of time. (Taste and see for yourself!)
What You’ll Need To Make Millionaire Dip
- Cream cheese: Buy an 8-ounce package of cream cheese for best results (Neufchâtel cheese also works and is a lower fat option)
- Mayonnaise: Real mayonnaise adds more flavor to the base of this dip.
- Spices & seasonings: A dash of hot sauce is optional, and a pinch of onion and garlic powder brings this dip to life.
- Cheddar cheese: I like to shred my own cheddar from a block instead of using pre-shredded cheese, which has an undesirable anti-caking coating.
- Bacon: Fry or bake your own bacon, or purchase some off of the grocery store salad bar to save money.
- Chopped green onions: Adds a mild onion flavor and some freshness to this dip.
- Almonds: A unique dip ingredient that adds crunch and texture – and lends to the “million dollar” name.
- This dip can be made a day ahead of time. Longer, if you leave out the green onion and add it right before serving.
- This is the perfect make-ahead dip for a baby shower, anniversary party, graduation party or similar get-together.
- Before serving, take dip out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about an hour. This will soften the dip slightly and make it more dippable.
- For dipping, use Ritz crackers, veggie slices or crostini.
- 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (toasted is best)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Allow cream cheese to sit at room temperature for about an hour to soften slightly. This will make it easier to mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir until smooth.
- Reserve a small amount of cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, almonds, and green onion to place on top of dip for serving, if desired. Mix in remaining cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, almonds, and green onion.
- Serve immediately, or store covered in the fridge. The dip tastes and spreads best if it has been sitting at room temperature for about an hour.