Oleh : Cintapoker
These honey buffalo chicken wraps are so healthy and delicious! They’re loaded with a sweet buffalo sauce, ranch, bleu cheese, and all of your favorite veggies for a lunch you’ll love!
Wraps are so easy to throw together and work with so many different flavor combinations! Chicken Caesar salad wraps, Asian turkey lettuce wraps, and cilantro lime shrimp wraps are more yummy recipes to add to your list.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Wrap Recipe
I think this became one of my favorite meals of all time. A go-to for sure! It is so easy and has only 3 ingredients! The flavor combination of the bleu cheese, ranch, buffalo sauce, and honey was amazing. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and heat! The addition of honey keeps the buffalo sauce from being too spicy. Because of this, it’s something that even the youngest in my family can enjoy!
The great part is, once you’ve got your honey buffalo chicken cooked up, the wraps only take minutes to throw together. I also like using the leftover chicken to go on top of salads, rice bowls, or even in taquitos! It’s so saucy and flavorful! Honey buffalo chicken wraps are the answer for when you’re wanting something on the healthy side, but that is super satisfying! Sweet heat from the honey buffalo, cool ranch, tangy bleu cheese, and crisp veggies. It’s everything you could want in one easy-to-make-wrap!
Ingredients for Your Wrap
Really, all you need are the ingredients to make the buffalo chicken. The type of wrap you use and any fillings you add are up to you! Honey buffalo chicken wraps are both super delicious and super customizable. Find all measurements below in the printable recipe card!
- Chicken Breasts: I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts here!
- Buffalo Sauce: You can use your favorite brand, but I always like making mine from scratch so I can adjust the flavor to my liking.
- Honey: Added to the buffalo sauce for a smooth sweetness!
- Garlic: You can use minced garlic or garlic powder. I love adding garlic to my chicken for an extra pop of savory flavor.
- Onion Powder: For a hint of rich, sharp onion-y flavor.
- Tortillas: I used burrito-sized tortillas here, but you can always use smaller tortillas as well! Small wraps are great for taking on the go. Psst– you can make these at home really easily! The flavor of homemade tortillas will enhance any recipe you use them in!
- Romaine Lettuce and Shredded Carrots: I threw these in because I always have them in the fridge. They both have a nice crunch that goes super well in honey buffalo chicken wraps! You can swap these out for your other favorite fresh veggies like spinach, kale, tomato, or cucumber.
- Ranch: Nothing goes together with buffalo sauce quite as well as ranch! It adds a cool, creamy balance to the heat. Again, use your favorite store-bought brand or make it at home for that personal touch!
- Bleu Cheese: The sharp, tangy flavor of bleu cheese works really well with the vinegary spice of buffalo sauce. Similarly, you can use feta or gorgonzola as substitutes.
How to Make Honey Buffalo Chicken Wraps
These wraps are bursting with flavor but so incredibly easy to make! If you’re anything like me, you’ll wonder why you didn’t make them sooner! They are the solution for busy days and lunches on the go. Let’s get wrapping!
- Prepare Chicken and Marinade: Cut the chicken into one inch cubes. In a medium-sized bowl, add the buffalo sauce, honey, garlic and onion. Whisk together and add the chicken to the marinade. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook in Skillet: In a medium-sized skillet add the chicken with marinade. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink at medium high heat.
- Assembly: Lay out a tortilla. Add the lettuce and carrots to the center. Add the chicken and top with ranch and bleu cheese. Wrap up tightly and serve.
Tips and Delicious Variations
A couple more quick tips here, to help you customize and perfect your honey buffalo chicken wraps! You’re going to love the tasty creation you come up with!
- Change Wrap Type: To make this dish super low-carb, I will sometimes omit the tortilla entirely and use lettuce instead! Lettuce is a delicious choice and give your wraps a nice crunchy outer layer. You’ll have to it out with my minced chicken and mango shrimp lettuce wraps too! You can also use whole-wheat tortillas for extra fiber, or cheese wraps to make it keto!
- Check Internal Temperature: You’ll know your chicken is done when it becomes opaque and is no longer pink, but an extra measure to make sure your chicken is cooked through is to use a thermometer! Internal temperatures should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit before consuming. Checking internal temperatures also keeps the chicken from being overcooked.
A Reader’s Review
“This was a HUGE hit in our house. Everyone asked for seconds and there was none left. Delicious and will definitely be going to my make again recipes! I served mine with Feta and it was amazing!!”
Storing Leftovers / Meal Prep
If you store chicken, sauces, cheese, and vegetables separately, these honey buffalo chicken wraps become a great choice for meal prep! They are so quick and easy to throw together! Whether it be for school lunches or a snack before the gym, you’re going to love having these around.
- Chicken: Store your chicken in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for up to 4 days. Always make sure internal temperatures reach 165 degrees when reheating!
- Vegetables: Lettuce typically lasts for about a week in the fridge, carrots 2 weeks. Keep in airtight containers to prevent early spoilage.
- Wraps: This can vary from brand to brand. If you’ve made your tortillas from scratch, they will last for 3 days in the fridge.
Cut the chicken into one-inch cubes. In a medium-sized bowl, add the buffalo sauce, honey, garlic, and onion. Whisk together and add the chicken to the marinade. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
In a medium-sized skillet add the chicken with marinade. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink at medium-high heat.
Originally posted September 20th, 2012
Calories233kcal (12%)Carbohydrates34g (11%)Protein18g (36%)Fat3g (5%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat1gTrans Fat1gCholesterol48mg (16%)Sodium839mg (35%)Potassium328mg (9%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar24g (27%)Vitamin A23IUVitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium28mg (3%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.