Smoothies are a great way to give yourself a nutrient-dense treat when trying to lose weight. When the right ingredients are added, smoothies pack a punch by supplying the body with nutrients, vitamins, minerals, protein, healthy fats, and even antioxidants. But we are not talking about store-bought smoothies, we can make smoothies that are delicious, healthy, and weight loss friendly within a few minutes. When smoothies are made with certain ingredients, they help boost weight loss by keeping you fuller for longer, regulating blood sugar, and help curb cravings for unhealthy food. Here’s a list of 15 Best Smoothie Ingredients for weight loss.
1. Flaxseeds: Flaxseeds are an excellent plant source of omega-3 fatty acids. These seeds are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and protein too. With so many health benefits associated with flaxseeds, we don’t understand why flaxseed shouldn’t be a part of your weight loss smoothie.
2. Coconut Oil: A tablespoon of coconut oil provides medium chain saturated fatty acids that aids in weight loss, boosts metabolism, and helps in burning belly fat. Not to mention, this oil has anti-aging properties and is great for hair and skin as well.
3. Aloe Vera: Ever tried adding fresh aloe vera gel to your smoothies? It boosts metabolism and improves digestion as well.
4. Blueberries: These berries have the highest amount of antioxidants and they help neutralize free radicals, and also prevent premature ageing.
5. Chia Seeds: These tiny seeds are packed with calcium, fibre, protein, phosphorous, manganese, and omega-3 fatty acids. They also provide a rich creamy base to any smoothie.
6. Spinach: These green leaves are excellent source of fibre, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins.
7. Banana: Give your body a post-workout treat that would also soothe muscle cramps and add sweetness to the smoothie – just by adding one medium-sized banana.
8. Cinnamon: This spice with medicinal properties helps impart natural sweetness to smoothies. It also has potent anti-inflammatory properties and helps regulate blood sugar as well. Do you cinnamon also has a good amount of fiber to it.
9. Peanut Butter: Get a good dose of protein and healthy fats by adding 1 or 2 tbsp of peanut butter to the smoothie. If there’s anything that adds a rich flavour and texture to anything, it’s peanut butter!
10. Protein Powder: We all know by now that protein is a necessary macronutrient to lose weight. Adding protein powder makes it a great post-workout meal to repair and build muscles, to keep one fuller for longer, and burn more calories in the process.
11. Almond Butter: Rich in vitamin E, protein, and healthy fats, almond butter adds richness and antioxidants as well to the smoothie.
12. Matcha Green Tea: It’s a great way to boost metabolism and get a good amount of antioxidants – and just 1 tbsp of matcha green tea is enough to do the trick.
13. Avocado: Rich in healthy fats and fiber, avocado keeps one fuller for longer and boosts metabolism too.
14. Dark Chocolate: Imagine the combination of dark chocolate, peanut butter, banana – it’s not only highly nutritious, it would make any smoothie into a delicious treat! Dark chocolate improves metabolism, has loads of antioxidants, helps to reduce stress as well. Read: “12 Ways Dark Chocolate can Help you Lose Weight.”
15. Apple: A diet that’s high in fiber will boost your weight loss efforts and you can get a good amount of fiber by just adding a few slices of apple into the smoothie. Additionally, apple imparts a natural sweetness to the smoothie.
Check out the Rati Beauty diet to find out the right way to use these ingredients in smoothies to lose weight.
12 Ways Dark Chocolate can Help you Lose Weight
6 Protein Shakes For Weight Loss