What’s common between Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Romee Strijd, Miranda Kerr, Daniela Pestova, and Candice Swanepoel? All these gorgeous women are all Victoria’s Secret models who look stunning on the ramp and off it too! Before you give all the credit to their good genes, we would like to mention that there’s a lot of sweat and effort that these models put to look nothing short of perfect while walking on the ramp. In a glitzy world that is obsessed with waif thin models and size zero, Victoria’s Secret models stand out with their diverse body types. It’s no longer a mystery how these women look so dazzling, curvy and fit – they have some diet and fitness secrets that we can take inspiration from. In this post, we list out some of the best diet and fitness secrets that a majority of VS models follow. Read on:
1. They are off Refined Carbs, Processed and Ultra Processed Foods: They do not believe in staying away from food, but for them refined carbs, processed and ultra processed food with unhealthy ingredients and empty calories is off limits.
2. They Indulge in a High-Protein Breakfast: While slathering jam on bread slices is a staple breakfast across the world, it’s not an ideal one for these models. They believe in having a high protein breakfast to motor them through hectic workdays. Eggs, oats, cheese, and smoothies is what they begin their day with to remain full for long hours, helps keep appetite in check as well.
3. They Satisfy Their Sugar Cravings with Fruits: Banana, berries, mangoes, kiwi, orange have natural sugar along with nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and weight-loss boosting fiber content and that’s where these stunning models get their sugar hit from.
4. They Say “Yes” to Healthy Fats: Chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, flaxseeds, avocado, are all part of their daily diet due to one reason – all of them are rich sources of healthy fats that keeps skin and hair healthy, and also helps in the fat-burning process. Healthy fats are absolutely necessary for the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E which are necessary in the fat-burning process. Surprised how eating fats can make you thin? Here’s how – all details in this post.
5. They Eat A Lot of Veggies: And no, they do not eat salads all day long, they have filling meals with lean protein, scrambled eggs with veggies, and lots of leafy green things.
6. Yes, Carbs are a Part of Their Diet: Not simple or refined carbs, they get their complex carbs from quinoa, brown rice, oats, sweet potato, etc., which helps them keep longer and keeps appetite in check as well.
7. They Love Probiotics: Greek yogurt is a staple for them and that’s because it’s a good source of probiotics. Probiotics contain live bacteria and yeast that have numerous health benefits including weight loss. For example, Lactobacillus gasseri is a probiotic which has been linked to reduction in belly fat. Research suggests that it is possible to boost the weight loss process with probiotics, along with a good diet along with an active lifestyle. Here’s a list of “10 Best Probiotic Food Items That are Good For Your Gut.”
8. They Pack Healthy Snacks For Work: They refrain from indulging in unhealthy snacks, and in fact, pack their snacks to work; hummus with carrots and fresh fruits, protein bars, nuts, and trail mix are some of their favorites.
9. They Practice Portion Control: Portion control is essential to get into calorie deficit and to drop extra weight. Calorie deficit happens when a person consumes fewer calories than those burnt while exercising, resting, or performing basic bodily functions. Portion control involves being aware of the correct amount of food and serving sizes so that you do not fall out of calorie deficit. You can find tips to practice portion control food on the Rati Beauty diet. Also read: “10 Amazing Weight Loss Strategies That Actually Work.”
10. They Follow the 80/20 Rule: They are physically active, going on walks and treks, and being on the move at every given opportunity, but they place a lot of importance on diet, in fact, giving 80% weightage to diet and 20% to exercise. They might hit the gym only three to five times a week, but rarely give up on eating healthy, in fact, clean eating is part of their lifestyle.
11. They Workout Consistently: Yoga, kickboxing, pilates, and of course weight training – they workout consistently, no matter what form of workout routine they choose. An average fitness session of these models lasts more than an hour and they work out minimum four times a week. Since most of these models are travelling, they follow their workout routine in hotel rooms too. Models always get workout sessions pre-planned for best results. Personal training, ballet classes, weight training – they go for all sorts of fitness activities for toning, tightening, lengthening their muscles.
12. They Find Ways To De-Stress: To maintain a healthy and happy lifestyle, it is mandatory that these models stay away from stress. Increased stress also means high level of the hormone cortisol which triggers fat storage and increase in belly fat, and that’s why it’s important to find ways to de-stress – whether it’s taking time to go for walks or practice a new hobby, they do not let stress affect them.
13. They Do Not Crash Diet, They Eat Clean and Healthy: Models do not diet, they don’t starve their body, they eat nutrient-dense food. Since they workout consistently, crash dieting is not an option for them, but they do watch portions and eat mindfully. And, it goes without saying – they drink tonnes of water throughout the day. Wanna know how to eat the right kind of food to lose weight? Check out the Rati Beauty diet that shows you how eating right and not less, can help drop extra pounds as well as lose inches off the waist.
14. They Do Not Compromise on Quality Sleep: Just like stress, less amount of sleep can lead to weight gain and prevent the body from burning fat. In fact, when you sleep for 5 hours or less every night, there are high chances that you would gain weight even with exercise and diet. So, sleep tight at night, and at least for 7 hours!
With these tips, it’s possible to lose weight, get fit, healthy, and look like a model, do try them all!
How Eating Fats Can Make you Thin
10 Amazing Weight Loss Strategies That Actually Work