“Work form home” is the new norm and while this setup gives us the freedom to laze around in pajamas all day long, it’s a fact that we do become complacent about skincare routine. Adding to it, long working hours and prolonged screen exposure can take a toll and damage the skin. For all women who love working-from-home scenario, do go through these 12 beauty tips for glowing and radiant skin.
1. Wear A Sunscreen Even While Indoors: No matter whether you are indoors or outdoors, always wear a sunscreen, because the blue light emitted from computer screens can damage and weaken skin’s collagen, trigger premature ageing, and form hyperpigmentation patches. Do make it a point to wear sunscreen when exposing skin to gadgets like laptop or phone – broad-spectrum ones with ingredients like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide provide good production.
2. Get up From your Work Desk Every 15 Minutes: Did you hear us mentioning “sitting is the new smoking” in weight loss posts? Sitting for long hours, aka leading a sedentary lifestyle not only hurts your weight loss goals, it hampers the pace of blood circulation and cuts down nutrient and oxygen supply, thus triggering premature ageing. Take breaks and stroll around in your space; also make it a point to take all calls while standing.
3. Start Using Anti-Ageing Products if you are in 20s: Your skin starts to age faster when you expose it to laptop and computer radiation. Fine lines and wrinkles appear faster than they should. To prevent this, you must start using anti-ageing products sooner in such cases, even if you are in your 20s and 30s. If not all, try to add one or two anti-ageing product in your skin care routine. Vitamin C and retinol-based products are good to start with, they boost collagen production and keeps skin younger.
4. Indulge in Overnight Sleeping Masks: Nourish and pamper your skin while you sleep with overnight sleeping masks. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask and The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask are popular ones, but you can just use aloe vera gel to get similar benefits. Additionally, check out these “7 Awesome Ways to Get Glowing Skin Overnight.”
5. Use Facial Massage To Improve Blood Circulation: When you sit in front of the computer for long, your skin gets tired and dull. To rejuvenate it, you need to improve the circulation. Nothing works better than a good massage for this purpose. Use a good gel or cream-based product to massage the face. You can also use a roller-massager to massage the face. It relaxes the skin and also improves the circulation.
6. Use Jamsu or Skin Icing Rejuvenate Skin: Refresh and hydrate skin at the same time by doing skin icing or Jamsu. Applying ice cubes on the face is an amazing way to refresh and soothe the face after a long and tiring day. You can directly apply ice on the face or wrap it up in a soft cloth and apply it. Cold water or ice stimulates blood circulation and freshens up the skin. It also helps in tightening large facial pores and to refine the texture of skin. Korean women follow a kind of ice therapy called as “Jamsu” where they dunk their face in a bowl full of ice cold water to refresh skin and also fix their makeup. All you have to do is to remember to fill ice cube trays the previous night. Here’s how you can do the “Jamsu” method all by yourself at home (5 Steps To Katrina Kaif’s Ice Facial at Home).
7. Soothe Eyes with Cucumber Slices: Guess what, your eyes take the most drubbing with prolonged screen time. They often get dry and inflamed, and of course dark circles are quite common in people working from home. To calm down any irritation and to relax the eyes, applying sliced cucumber is a great solution. You can also try applying sliced potato. The juices sooth the skin around the eye and helps to remove the darkness.
8. Drink Enough Water: Are you drinking enough water, at least 2 liters in a day? Water hydrates the body, flushes out toxins, and turns dull skin to glowing. It also helps nutrients reach your skin easily, gives it a boost of radiance, improves skin tone, and maintains skin elasticity.
9. Eat Right: Nothing can help your skin and body as much as eating the right kind of diet can do. Following elaborate skincare routines will be of little use if you are not eating healthy food. In fact, antioxidant-rich foods, fresh vegetables, fruits improve skin’s quality and texture from within. Check out the Rati Beauty diet for nutrient-dense meal plans for more details.
10. Never Forget To Apply Moisturizer: Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize, day in and day out. Just like sunscreen, never skip a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated, supple, and soft.
11. Remember To Exfoliate Skin Regularly: Regular exfoliation keeps skin smooth and healthy and clears out excess sebum, dead skin cells, blackheads and whiteheads. Here’s an effective homemade scrub with rice and milk to polish and reveal smooth skin from beneath.
12. Take Time To Workout: Even if you love to stay in your pjs all day along, do take out 30 minutes to 1 hour in a day to exercise and get that blood pumping, and get that glow from within.
7 Tips To Fix Dull and Tired Morning Skin
Rice and Milk Scrub for Polished Skin